Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve

Wow, don't we all yearn for more?  And this is the time that longing emerges the strongest, this artificial construct that lets us imagine a change of calendar heralds a brand-new life.  A life with no mistakes in it, a life in which we can finally be the person we want to be.

Hey, I'm not disparaging that longing!  I feel it too.  The more intensely, as a matter of fact, as I get older.  My longing is also tinged with regret for the growing number of new years that haven't been an entirely successful reinvention of myself.  Hope is futile without action, though.  May this be the year that all of us add the proper action that makes a strong foundation under our dreams.

So dream on.  Dream big!  And act, my friends.  Let's take that step together.

Happy New Year!


















No comments:

Post a Comment